Saturday, July 21, 2012

Healing

Thirty-eight weeks went by, then another fifty-five.  My little Blueberry has sprouted up and grown before my eyes.  From an embryo to a toddler, the days have flown by.  Days I was so sure would never end were there and gone.  A heart that I thought would never be fully healed is full of love, overflowing with love and adoration for my new family.  Single and thinking I would be alone forever to having a boyfriend that drives me crazy, a son that I can't imagine living without and three wonderful step-children that I love like my own little boy.  Life takes turns and comes upon the unexpected with every one.  With James I had a unicorn.  When it was lost, I thought I would never know that joy again.  Life took a couple of turns and I found a Pegasus coming out of the woods.

When Julian was born, I thought my heart would burst with joy.  But, in that day and moment, the healing that I required started with vigor.  Every smile, sleepy yawn and snuggle wrapped my heart in healing bandages.  Every day that passed drove pain from me until here I sit, with a smile on my face, my children around me and words flowing from my heart.  There is nothing in this world I would rather be than mother to these children.  Nowhere that I would rather be than right here in my home with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment